Happy Birthday L.E.!

Happy Birthday L.E.!
Such a pampered pooch

Kailyn

Kailyn

Pretty Girls

Pretty Girls

Kailyn and Mel

Kailyn and Mel

Kailyn age 7 Tybee Beach

Emma and Meenah age 5, Best Friends

Kailyn's 1st grade project

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fall is Here...

...and with that comes the beginning of school! Kailyn is now a 2nd grader! Oh my gosh! I just don't know how that happened so fast. After only a week, she's doing great and proving she's the class whiz. She was the first to move on to level 2 in Mad Minute Math (a timed math activity where you must complete 35 math problems correctly in order to progress. You repeat each level until you pass it.) Did I mention this was only on the second day of school?? Her new teacher, Ms. Renteria, seems super sweet and Kailyn loves her already.
Emma is now a kindergartener! She got a wonderful teacher named Mrs. Troxler who has experience with sensory disorder children and has been very helpful in helping Emma transition well into the first week of school. She had one asthma attack the first week, and the nurse gave her the inhaler I provided as I asked. (Sidenote: This is the same nurse that put ICE! on Kailyn's burn last year after she accidently burned herself on the burner at school...bad cafeteria ladies for leaving it uncovered. All that to say, I didn't ( don't?) have the most faith in her, so prayers here are welcomed! )
I took L.E. the (old) wonder dog went for a walk yesterday and we made it to the end of the street! About 6 houses! That's great for her lately...she looked like she'd run a marathon when we got back to the house. :)
Jason and I are doing well; nothing new to report there. Oh, did I mention I am teaching Couponing Classes? I have learned how to use coupons matched with the stores sales and I now save abotu 80% on our household food, toiletries, cleaning supplies! Amazing! And it's been fun to teach others and see them start saving money too!

No comments: