Happy Birthday L.E.!

Happy Birthday L.E.!
Such a pampered pooch

Kailyn

Kailyn

Pretty Girls

Pretty Girls

Kailyn and Mel

Kailyn and Mel

Kailyn age 7 Tybee Beach

Emma and Meenah age 5, Best Friends

Kailyn's 1st grade project

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grandmas are so Special

I got a phone call this morning that my Grandma Rachel died, my mom's mom. And once the initial waves of tears passed, I began to recall all of these things that she has said or done that have touched my life.
When I was a little girl I LOVED baby dolls; Cabbage Patch dolls were really popular. So my grandma made me a doll, one by hand. She named him David, and to this day I still have him. In the same outfit that she first dressed him in. It's a real baby sleeper, blue and yellow. My girls have heard the story of David a million times, and they've played with him once or twice. Just like I played with, once or twice, the doll she made my mom. Rosie, is her name. And to my knowledge she still has her.
When I hung up that phone I ran into the attic to get that doll. Somehow holding onto that doll, I was holding onto my grandma.
Nothing replaces a grandma's love. Nothing. I was looking through pics today and saw this one of Kailyn and my Mom. I don't know who is holding who tighter, or who looks happier. But one thing is clear, grandmas are special indeed!
I love you Grandma Rachel, and I will see you soon in heaven!

No comments: